This is a basic beginners course for those with complicated schedules. This
Basic Pistol Shooting Course
Our NRA Basics of Shooting Pistol (Course 1) is taught by a Certified NRA Instructor. This is a nationally recognized course that satisfies the requirements to obtain the Virginia Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit or the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL). This is approximately an 8-hour course (based on state requirements).
**NRA Certified Course**
THIS COURSE COVERS:
In addition to the classroom portion of this course, the student will participate in live-fire training and nationally standardized shooting qualification alongside an NRA Certified Instructor. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible for his or her concealed carry permit. The live-fire session of this course takes place at one of our partner ranges after completion of classroom instruction. Additional information regarding the live-fire session is below:
- The range fees are included.
- Participants need 50-100 rounds of ammo for the live fire portion of this course.
- No live ammo is permitted inside of the classroom portion of the course.
- All firearms must be cased and unloaded.
- Firearm rentals and ammo will be available, if needed, at the range for an additional cost.
- We use outdoor ranges so dress appropriately.
UPCOMING BASIC PISTOL COURSES